Thank you for your interest in Pushing the Envelope, Inc. If we have any open positions they are listed below.
The Communication Specialist will develop and execute strategic communication plans and efforts and marketing programs for the firm and its clients. They will work directly with the President (lead PR counsel), Client Relations and Marketing Specialist (CRMS), and the rest of the team.
PTE employees are skilled, curious professionals and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for greatness, not just good enough. This is a full-time, staff position located in Fort Myers, Florida.
The full-time Communication Specialist will be responsible for public relations strategy and implementation including news release production and distribution, community relations, media relations, etc. for the firm and its clients. They will also aid CRMS in marketing strategy creation, research, and implementation efforts. The Communication Specialist must be capable of owning their work and effectively collaborating with other team members to ensure a cohesive, integrated deliverable and results for clients.
An ideal candidate has experience developing and implementing communication strategies involving publicity, community relations, and marketing such as media relations, community engagement and audience development, and brand positioning. They must be passionate about communication and marketing, ethical, highly organized, and have an acute attention to detail. They need to be a problem-solver by nature, a skilled writer, instinctively proactive, and creative. They must be a team player who openly communicates status updates, ideas, and/or needs.
- Collaborate with President to define the firm’s and clients’ public relations goals; develop and implement strategies accordingly
- Research and produce communication strategies for the firm and its clients – overall and for specific projects
- Work directly with clients through appropriate, effective written and oral communication
- Proactively develop public relations campaigns/plans through traditional earned media channels
- Continuously learn, stay up to date on trends in public relations and media, leverage for the firm and its clients
- Maintain master PR plans for all clients and PTE
- Cultivate relationships with local, regional, and specific industry journalists; Maintain media list, updating proactively and staying abreast of editor/journalist and publication changes
- Effectively pitch media in all forms (TV, online news and media sources, newspapers, newsletters, blogs, podcasts) to secure positive, appropriate coverage for the firm and its clients
- Ability to leverage alternative communication channels (social media, other) to achieve brand strategies and communications goals, collaborating with other team members as needed
- Execute stakeholder outreach, communication
- Conducts research programs, including surveys and in-person discussions
- Provide client sponsorship/involvement vetting, counsel, and tracking
- Draft and distribute all media communication including news releases, media alerts, calendar announcements, pitches, whitepapers, etc.
- Monitor community events calendars, coordinate with clients as appropriate
- Aid in other writing editing, and proofreading as needed (newsletter, collateral, etc.)
- Responsible for reviewing all media for client coverage and opportunities; produce monthly performance/media coverage reports; analyze results
- Proactively evaluates PR tools, makes recommendations for adjustments or changes as necessary
- Continually seek to optimize PR processes
- Support/aid in the production of marketing plans (outlines, contents, team) and creative briefs
- Proactively participate in marketing execution for clients including executing plans, client coordination, etc.
- Support CRMS with media buys as needed, including research and planning, work with media buyer(s) as needed
- Aid in coordination with all media reps as needed
- Help maintain budget and performance tracking
- Collaborate with other team members and departments for integrated communication/efforts.
- Participate in and provide value-added ideas in quarterly brainstorming meetings (particularly related to PR and marketing concepts) to develop creative strategies for clients
- Other duties as advised by supervisor
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ethical in all regards
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing and executing effective public relations communications (news releases, community relations, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or a relative field
- Proven ability to generate media interest and coverage
- Must have the ability to develop creative concepts and successfully apply them
- Must have a strong command of the English language with equally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to oversee multiple projects/clients simultaneously
- Effective time management and prioritization
- Self-directed, proactive working style
- Collaborative, communicative working style with tact and consideration for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and orally
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Proficient in AP style writing
Bonus points if you…
- Have a great sense of humor
- Are Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
- Have experience in restaurant/hospitality, healthcare and/or government communication/marketing
- Enjoy dogs
- Opportunities for continuous learning including paid professional development
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Rewarding, intentional company culture
- Health (50%), vision, and disability insurance coverage assistance after 90 days
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 days
- 401k benefits after 90 days
- Be part of an award-winning, growing team
- Enjoy a flexible work environment and schedule
- Join a minority and locally owned and operated firm
- Work with a variety of clients and industries, including national brands
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free workplace