Thank you for your interest in Pushing the Envelope, Inc. If we have any open positions they are listed below.
Visual Content Creator
The Visual Content Creator will be responsible for producing video content and graphic design for the firm and its clientele. This includes planning, filming, and producing a variety of video types and designing eye-catching graphics for multichannel campaigns.
They must be self-directed in their work and effectively collaborate with other team members, including other design partners, to ensure on-schedule, integrated deliverables (and ultimately results) for clients. They will work directly with the President, Marketing Manager, and Communication Specialist, as well as the rest of the team (in-house and partners).
PTE employees are skilled, curious professionals and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for greatness, not just good enough. An ideal candidate will have a keen eye for aesthetics and a love for creativity, be ethical, highly organized, and have an acute attention to detail. They need to be creative in design and process, a problem-solver by nature, and instinctively proactive.
Translates organizational or client goals into strategic visual deliverables.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager and Communication Specialist (and others on the team) to visually execute (through graphics and video) marketing and communication campaigns to the highest quality
- Articulate and present creative ideas and concepts (in addition to taking direction/inspiration from other team members)
- Study creative briefs and bring ideas for creative implementation via graphics and video aligned with clients’ brands and goals
- Ability to expand and execute a visual campaign concept across multiple mediums (i.e., suggestions on how to use video in multiple ways or apply a graphic theme across various channels)
- Ability to understand client brands and brand standards and apply those effectively across both design and video mediums appropriately and creatively
- Effectively manage timelines for video and design projects including planning, production, and finalization in line with master client/campaign timelines
- Plan videos independently and with the Communication Specialist/Marketing Manager – storyboards, locations, scripts, etc.
- Film video content on location, setting up and taking down equipment as necessary
- Edit footage, adjust lighting, coloring, sound, etc., for optimum finished quality, optimize for multiple platforms, and coordinate with the Communication Specialist and other team members for client approval
- Produce videos for social media platforms including content for ads, Reels, Shorts, etc.
- Produce videos for client websites (b-roll and others)
- Remain current with social media video trends
- Work within client/firm stated budgets (production and finished product time)
- Skilled in audio editing
- Familiarity with the necessary equipment - mics, portable recording devices, cameras, lighting elements, etc.
Samples of videos the Visual Content Creator would be asked to create can be seen here, here, and here.
- Using Adobe products, develop engaging multiplatform graphics for a wide variety of materials including, but not limited to illustrations, image editing, print media, social media, branding, websites, campaign designs and/or logos/themes, events and other promotional materials, and other projects as assigned
- Develop brands for clients in line with best practices and strategies (logo, collateral, color scheme, primary/secondary fonts, etc.)
- Adhere to best practices in color and sizing for legibility and performance (attention-grabbing, behavior change)
- Produce designs that align with clients’ brands, goals, and budgets
Sample designs the Visual Content Creator would be asked to create can be seen here.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ethical in all regards
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts, Marketing, or related field (or experience that proves skills)
- Proven strong visual communication skills and the ability to translate concepts and data into easy-to-grasp visuals
- Proficiency with camera equipment, video editing software, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Command of design best practices and differences between print and digital mediums, an emphasis on typography, layout, branding, composition, balance, etc.
- Experience with file management, print production/prep, and file types
- Comfortable meeting new people, regional travel for onsite client filming
- Knowledge of social media platforms, standards, and features related to creative (ad specs, file dimensions, etc.)
- Ability to oversee/participate in multiple projects/clients’ work simultaneously
- Collaborative, communicative working style with tact and consideration for others
- Able to receive and apply feedback in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and orally
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, effective time management and prioritization
Bonus points if you…
- Have a great sense of humor
- Have experience in restaurant/hospitality, healthcare and/or government communication/marketing
- Experience designing email templates, content
- Certified drone operator
- Experience producing podcasts and/or vodcasts
- Opportunities for continuous learning, including paid professional development
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Rewarding, intentional company culture
- Be part of an award-winning, growing team
- Enjoy a flexible work environment and schedule, including work-from-home
- Join a minority and locally owned and operated firm
- Work with a variety of clients and industries, including national brands
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free workplace
Apply for a career at Pushing the Envelope.Send Résumé
Are you in college and interested in working in the marketing and communications field?About Internships