As seen at these organizations or conferences and more!
Are you looking for a speaker for your next event, conference, expo or internal meeting?
Do you or do your audiences want insights on how to: better leverage marketing and communication strategies, tactics, social media strategy and measurement, reputation management? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Our team loves to share knowledge and educate others about what we’re passionate about – communication strategy and growing businesses. We have a community engagement program, Rise Up, which we’ve created to help fellow communicators enhance their skills.
Samantha Scott, APR, President, is a frequent guest speaker at national conferences and expos, regional and local Southwest Florida events. Additionally, other team members often present on a variety of topics locally.
Our team specializes in speaking on the following subjects:
From 101 to technical measurement and application, we’ve got you covered.
- Intro to Social Media for Business
- Social Media Branding and Campaigns
- Social Media Measurement – Determining the Value and Effectiveness
- Using Social Media to Attract and Leverage Brand Ambassadors
- Using Social Media to Drive Traffic to your Website
- Social Media for Business Growth – Concentrated, Purposeful Tactics to go Beyond Audience Engagement
It’s not about faxing a news release anymore. How do you get positive coverage in a noise-laden market?
- News Releases in the 21st Century
- Media Relations and Training
- Community Relations – How to Leverage Community Engagement to Increase Awareness and Leads
- Online Reputation Management and How it’s Controlling Your Brand
Branding & Marketing
Beyond on your logo, who is your company and who are you serving? What tactics are you employing to market your business or organization – and when was the last time you considered updating them?
- What is Branding?
- Defining and Leveraging Your Unique Value Proposition (UVP) to Stand Out in a Crowded Market
- Messaging and Consistency – How Confusion Drives Leads Away and How to Avoid it
- Marketing to Millennials – the Game Has Changed, and So Should Your Tactics
- Claim Your Space! How to Protect Your Brand Online
- Defining Moments – What’s Your Brand, How to Protect it
- Brand Voice and Content Creation
- Determining and Leveraging Your Unique Value Proposition (UVP)
Online Reputation Management
Did you see what so and so posted on Yelp? Yikes! Don’t let a few reviews ruin your rep!
- They said what?! How to Leverage Online Reputation Management for Brand Protection and Business Enhancement
- Who’s Saying What about You and How do You Get in the Conversation?
Wanting to provide the most value possible, we always include real world examples, case studies and hand out reference guides for your attendees.
Have another marketing or communication topic you’re interested in? Ask us!
Check our calendar of current speaking events.View Calendar
“Pushing the Envelope has been fantastic to work with – not only are they smart, proactive, creative, and a complete pleasure to work, but they are genuinely enthusiastic about what they do and how it relates to your business.”Stacey Mercado, Marketing/Sales
BB&T Oswald Trippe and Company
“Whoa! This was like drinking from a fire hose! One of the most comprehensive presentations on digital marketing. Excellent. “ Former RVDA Chairman
Samantha came highly recommended from colleagues who’d used her services for other events over the years. She engaged with our audience throughout the conference, scored high marks on session evaluations, and was a pleasure to work with.Jeremy NedelkaEditor, Beverage Dynamics and BARC
“Samantha was amazing! In a room of 70+ people, everyone was captivated by both her topic and her style. Despite being among a long line-up of speakers during our two-day conference, Samantha’s presentation was the one that the most participants continued to ask about and follow-up on long after the conference finished. She provided practical tools that all attendants (regardless of their organization’s size) could take back and implement.”