Pushing the Envelope, Inc. (PTE) was looking for a way to engage new audiences and diversify content for a local non-profit client without “watering down” the message or losing focus on the mission. The existing posting strategy was heavily focused on engaging the existing audience made up of loyal donors and volunteers well-versed in the organization’s mission but lacked opportunities for reaching new users.
OBJECTIVES & STRATEGIES:
Taking a budget-friendly approach, PTE strategically implemented an organic strategy that leveraged existing relationships (sponsors, partnering agencies, community resources) to reach new audiences. This strategy, focused on engaging new audience members, included:
- Following appropriate parties via the social media channels they actively use.
- Engaging with posts made by partnering channels on a consistent basis by reacting, commenting, and sharing posts when appropriate.
- Tagging partner channels when applicable and appropriate.
RESULTS: THIS ORGANIC APPROACH PAID OFF AND KPIs INCREASED BY AS MUCH AS 226% (in just 3 months!)
May, June, and July 2022 vs. February, March, and April 2022:
- Impressions increased by 24% (total content views)
- Total reach increased by 22% (total individual users who saw content)
- Viral reach increased by 226% (The number of people reached via viral distribution, e.g., friends, and friends of friends’ actions)
- Engagements increased by 21% (individual actions taken on content)
- Link clicks increased by 13%
- Reactions increased by 24%
- Comments increased by 23%